Shoes!

Monday, January 08, 2007

The B-Sides

Another fabulous couple of days. First, I got my ass handed to me by a kitten:






It’s small but sharp. Very sharp.

Yesterday, Farm Boy hit a switch with his gigantic legs while getting out of his car and accidentally turned on his lights, so his battery died. Spaz-Tastic and I had to go rescue him:


Well, shit, says Spaz-Tastic. Howdy, stranger, how 'bout some help? Farm Boy and I pushed the car while Spaz-Tastic steered backwards into oncoming cars, which was a little frightening, since his car is an automatic, and power steering doesn't work when there is no power (curse you, automatic transmissions!). He attached the cables the uncouth way - all four clamps attached to the batteries, no grounds - which led to our finding out that he doesn’t like it when we make fun of his masculinity. He threw snow at us and even got out of his car at a light to threaten us (“You’re lucky that’s about to turn green! I’d come back there!”) and otherwise sulked until we got him some ice cream. We picked up Tight End, who decided to wear Farm Boy's gross hat (here, she is saying, "Eeeeew!):


Atalanta and Ganglebot met us at Coldstone, where everyone tried on Spaz-Tastic’s Stetson. Viddy the Gangles:

Farm Boy is a serial killer. You just keep quiet back there, he says, and I promise I'll let you live. Note: He's lying.



I like these two (of Atalanta and Spaz) best:




Mmm, ice cream.



Today, we went to the gym again (ow!) and took photos (as previously detailed here and later detailed here). I offer some of the B-sides from the photo shoot, if you will allow me to mix metaphors (I have an MA, damn it!). Guess which ones are from Atalanta's digital camera and which ones are from my chewed-upon phone:

“There’s snow in my taint!” says Ganglebot:




Gangles, the well is not a toilet:



Where did you sleep last night?






I think this is a beautiful photo of Atalanta; plus, the needles are really defined:





I snapped this a little late (curse you, digital!) as Atalanta and Ganglebot dove into the trees, but I liked the definition here, too:



Once enmired, Atalanta helps Ganglebot navigate the treacherous branches. Don't worry! she says. I've got you, and I'm never letting go!



Stay tuned for more pictures here and elsewhere. Who knows? We may even recruit you for our next photo shoot. YES, YOU!

2 Comments:

  • Yes, a quite beautiful photo of Atalanta.

    I like how two things got cursed in this post -- automatic transmissions and digital cameras. Careful around Liz, everyone....she's in a smitin' mood.

    By Blogger Chad, at 7:57 PM  

  • Liz:

    Are you part wood nymph? You look positively at one with the fir branches. Love the pics!

    By Blogger Anskov, at 5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home