Shoes!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My eyes are melting.

I had planned to clean out the fridge after work, but my cab ride and the frustration of the car situation kind of shut me down, so after Ganglebot left for the 48 Hour Film Festival showing, I decided to kick around a bit online to sort of relax. I have now spent more than six hours straight at the computer, mostly archives and Steve, Don't Eat It! on The Sneeze and pranks and "How Much Is Inside...?" on Cockeyed.com (oh, the love I bear for those guys). If you, too, need to kill a few hours, here are some places to start.

Brandon Bird's paintings. I really enjoy Brave Cone Dog, Bad Day on the High Sea, The Anguish, and Lazy Sunday Afternoon (and, in my nerdy little heart, Signifier and Signified).

Then I followed his album art, which has the cutest ankylosaur ever,


to The Aquabats, where I laughed out loud a few times to this video:

Has anyone heard of these guys? I think they're fun.

Another web show, thisisaknife:
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/T/thisisaknife/index.jsp?id=35
(the embed wouldn't work)

A sitcom/blockbuster generator:
An opera singer with nothing to lose woos a gardener who works for the CIA. Stars Jim Backus and Lisa Kudrow. Genre: Action

Some pretty awesome bent wire sculptures from www.bentobjects.blogspot.com (this one's called "Spit, Don't Swallow"):

And, of course, there are always robots and donuts.

I meant to ride down to the store, but it's dark now, and I'd have to go into the scary basement to get the bike. After dark, it's
really a scary basement, not just a place I go for white elephant presents, but a place where the lights don't quite cut through the murk and where there's an overturned chair in a crawlspace that may or may not have been used to imprison/murder someone (or multitudes). Plus, there may be spiders. Eeek.

Well, I guess that's enough. Fridge, verily I say unto you, you shall be clean.

1 Comments:

  • That IS a cute ankylosaurus! I'm gonna name him Herbert.

    By Blogger Chad, at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home