Shoes!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Blue: Bomb Dog.



We finally found out why Blue is so destructive. Check out this story from the San Diego Union-Tribune! I’ll give you the good parts here, since there are no pictures of puppies:

“Two puppies in a makeshift pen at Lackland Air Force Base are fighting tooth and nail over a rubber shoe. ‘High toy possessiveness’ is one of the traits the federal government deems desirable in these selectively bred Labrador-vizsla mixes. The breeding will one day lead to dogs so determined that they will stop at nothing to find what they are seeking.
‘We want dogs that show destructive, independent drive,’ Scott Thomas, program manager of the Transportation Security Administration’s puppy program, said recently.”
Bold mine.

I don’t want my dog to get blown up, but I think it would be pretty awesome to manage a puppy program.

He used to be so cute.

1 Comments:

  • Liz - the puppy pics are great. I'd wanted to comment earlier, but then forgot.

    Anyway, I just finished reading a wonderful mystery "Gaudy Night" by Dorothy Sayers. It's one of those great, nerdy reads where you have to keep a dictionary handy. The two words I came across tonight as I was finishing were:

    -malmsey
    -termagant

    look them up and then adopt them into everyday speech. I definitely plan on using termagent - there are quite a few termagent females I work with.

    By Blogger Anskov, at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home