Shoes!

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Evaluation and Feedback

One thing I'm worried about is evaluating student writing. I don't know what to use as a standard. What's C-level work? What if I judge students' papers against the other students in the class? Is that fair?
I think I'll be someone to grade students as a whole too high or too low. I don't have reasonable expectations yet. I think the best way for me to deal with this is to read through all of the first round of papers before assigning any grades, just to see what I'm really dealing with.

Even though I'm not comfortable assigning a grade to a paper, I think I'll be good at providing feedback . I write a lot of comments on student papers, and I usually have no trouble identifying parts of the paper that are good and could be emphasized. I also find problems with papers, but I think I comment on those with tact. I'm also comfortable meeting with people to discuss their papers, and I can give more feedback and encouragement in person than on paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home